Most of us are aware of the importance of property inspections when purchasing a home or commercial building. These in-depth examinations can reveal serious issues with properties under consideration and can help buyers avoid problems after the sale. In many cases, scheduling a Houston residential property inspection on a regular basis can help you to spot developing issues and to address them before they become serious threats to your family home or real estate investment. Here are some key points to keep in mind and when to schedule a professional Houston residential property inspection.
Timing Is Everything
Your home’s age is usually a good way to determine the most appropriate frequency for your Houston residential inspection services. Newer homes may need inspections every few years. Older homes, however, may benefit from annual or twice-annual visits from your Houston home inspection company. These experts can provide you with detailed information on various systems within your home, allowing you to plan more effectively for replacement costs as they arise.
Comprehensive Inspection Services
The American Society of Home Inspectors recommends that residential inspections be performed on all major structural and mechanical elements of your home, including the following:
- Foundation and crawl spaces
- Walls, floors and ceilings
- Windows and doors
- Plumbing fixtures and pipes
- HVAC systems
- Electrical wiring and panels
Scheduling a comprehensive home inspection once every few years can help you say on top of problems that may threaten the value or livability of your home. You may also be able to increase the value of your home inspection by requesting additional services from your Houston residential property inspection company.
Add-On Inspection Services
Your local inspection company may also offer additional services that can provide you with added peace of mind and increased information about the condition of your home.
- A Houston thermal imaging inspection can highlight areas where added insulation can prevent leaks and drafts inside your home. These inspections use infrared scanning technologies to pinpoint the precise areas in which air and water is entering your home. This can provide you with the information needed to add insulation to reduce your heating and cooling costs effectively and to help pinpoint roofing problems.
- Inspections for mold and mildew can help you to identify these threats to the health of your family.
- Radon inspections can also provide you with added peace of mind regarding this dangerous chemical.
By upgrading to these add-on services, you can achieve a better idea of the condition of your home and can take steps to resolve issues for a healthier and more energy-efficient home. Depending on your preferences and the condition of your home, you may want to schedule these inspection services annually or every few years.
The inspection team at American Dream Inspections TX can provide you with the most advanced options for residential and commercial property inspections in our area. We work with you to make sure that you receive the most accurate information regarding properties you own and properties you are considering in the Houston area. Call us today at 832-566-0973 to request an appointment or to schedule an inspection with us. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you.